WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Aug 31, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #601 (Spooky Spirits) and NBUS#53

Welcome back! 
Well it's time for a new sketch over on Freshly Made Sketches.  They just celebrated sketch #600 and now it's on to FMS#601 
 
Here is the card that I created for this sketch selected by Design Team member, Linda Callahan.
 
Since I'm using brand new stuff this is also going in for NBUS#53
 
Card Details - Stamp Set - Unity (Spooky Spirits) which is brand new.
Card Stock: Gorgeous Grape, Lemon Lime Twist, and Tangerine Tango*retired SU
Also Basic White for the image.
Designer Paper - Piece of Basic Grey - Eerie Paper Pad. I also used (for the first time) a piece of Washi Tape with "eye balls" on it that I've had in my stash for some time waiting for the right card.
 
I emobssed the Lemon Lime Twist cs with a Spiderweb Embossing Folder.  Added the designer paper and washi tape.
 
The images were stamped with Memento Tuxedo ink and colored with Prismacolor Pencils. They were cut out with Nestabilite dies. The edge was distressed with Gorgeous Grape ink. I added some Key Lime Glitter (Art Institute) to the rim of the cocktail glass.  The panel was mounted with foam tape and some sequins (Picket Fence Studio) were added to complete the card.
 
Here is a picture of the inside of the card:  The sentiment is actually all one piece : (I see you. You deserve a cocktail.) so I just inked up a portion of it for the front of the card and also the inside by masking off the portions I didn't want to use and then removing the masking tape before stamping down. - Hence the alignment on the outside of the card is a little off (but I wasn't about to recolor another entire piece).

That's it for today. - I hope you've enjoyed your visit.  Don't forget to check out the Design Teams cards & maybe participate yourself!
 

 


 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Well this just made me smile! Fun card for this time of year - great colors and details! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card. That sentiment is just too funny with the eyeballs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. while playing in AI yesterday I saw this design like the sketch at the beginning. I created it but did not save it. I like this card, its cute, colorful and funny

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! Time to start seeing all the fun Halloween cards. Cute stamp and sentiment. Love the colors, the embossing, and that washi tape creeping across your card. It's a perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun card! I just love that green, embossed background! The eyeballs are so fun! This card is perfect for Halloween! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun design! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I'll take eyeballs in my cocktail any day - not!!!

    ReplyDelete