WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Oct 2, 2020

Mod Squad Challenge - Use A Tag and NBUS

 Hello & Happy Friday!

I'm back today with a new card and a new challenge.
Today I'm participating in the Mod Squad blog challenge, Use a Tag.
 I'm also joining the NBUS blog challenge #19  since I've used new and never before been used stuff on this card.



Here is the card I created for the challenge.
This is the outside of the card and below is the inside of the card.
I saw a stamp set on a website that I wanted and wouldn't you know it the darn thing was sold out.  - That's because it was a set from way back in 2015.  I've not stamped in a long time so it's a challenge when I find things I like but discover they are already out of date, sold out etc..
 
I did find the stamp set at Frantic Stamper & purchased it so today's card features that stamp set: Safari Wild About You - Hero Arts. The sentiment on the inside is from a set by Mint Motif - Very Square Sentiments. - Sadly this company is no longer in business.
The giraffe was fussy cut and mounted on the tag with foam tape. I distressed the outside espresso tag with my fingernail.
  
Card Details:  Card Stock: Early Espresso & Very Vanilla (SU)
Designer Paper (Safari Chic Matstack - DCWV) which I've had in my stash since 2012 and have only used one piece on this card.  
So I think the pieces I used for this card will still qualify for never before been used stuff.
Ink: Early Espresso (SU)
 
Other: Circle Punches (SU), Tag Corner Punch (SU) Ribbon: Chocolate and Cream (SU) - To get that effect I cut of the side of the grosgrain ribbon and pulled the treads off and then put them through the punched hole in the tag.
  
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day.

7 comments:

  1. Wow...this is so cool. I have nothing jungle-related; maybe a little giraffe somewhere! Very nice inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great looking card. I was never very good at the fussy cut thing. I do have a couple stamp sets that came with dies but I haven't used them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ida,
    First of all thank you for being my latest follower. I am feeling happy.
    Your giraffe card is very calming and what awesome fussy cutting there. The border at the bottom looks really neat and the sentiment is encouraging. That is precisely what we need these days - lots of positive words.

    Happy crafting,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this set before and it really is fantastic. Been tempted, too. Absolutely perfect paper with it and love the relative simplicity. I use a LOT of old stuff, as you probably know, but new stuff, too. There's a lot of enabling in Blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the african theme and that you carried it through to the inside of the card. Lovely patterns and giraffe. Thanks for joining the Mod Squad Tags Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific masculine design, Ida, which any woman would also love! It's very well executed and I love the giraffe tag and encouraging message! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete