WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Oct 1, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches #455 - Two times the fun

 Hello and Welcome!

It's time for another Freshly Made Sketch
Here is the sketch for this challenge:

 I had so many ideas for this sketch.  Some of them worked and some of them didn't.  - I started out trying to use a Star die to go along with the star element in the sketch.  Sadly I had to ditch that idea because I didn't have the paper I wanted to work with my idea.

So then I came up with a card but wasn't totally happy with how it turned out. - I gave it a rest and started over this morning.  I'm going to show both of my cards but am just entering one of them in the challenge.  - Click to Enlarge photos.
 
Card #1 - This is the card that turned out the way I wanted it to and I was happy with it.
 Card Stock: Cajun Craze, Old Olive, Smoky Slate and Crushed  
 Curry.
 Designer Paper: DCWV - Pumpkin Patch
Ink: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Memento London Fog and Encore Copper Metallic
Stamps: Large Leaf - PSX (Personal Stamp Exchange) which I've had forever.  The Acorns and Sentiment are fromTCP Studio Fabulous Fall set.
Here is another view of the card that shows the sentiment up better.

Again I love this Designer paper because it has pieces that look embossed (the leaves on the side) Plus you can see that I brushed the copper metallic ink onto the large leaf, the acorns & the old olive circle.

The large leaf and acorns were both fussy cut and mounted with foam tape. - I also added sequins.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Card #2 - This is the card that I wasn't totally thrilled with.  
In this case I flipped the sketch.

Details: Card Stock: Concord Crush (I'm not totally certain but I think that is the color), Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black & Whisper White. - Pattern paper, Eerie Paper Pad - Basic Grey.
Stamps: Witch and Sentiment (Source Unknown) but most likely either Inkadinkado or Studio G as I bought a lot of small Halloween stamps from JoAnn's and those were the brands they carried.  I did use an SU set for the larger bat which was fussy cut and layered on the white circle.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black.
Other: Spider Border Punch - Martha Stewart, Green/White twine, Sequins & Circle Nestabilitie Dies.

So there you have it two cards using the same sketch. There is still time for you to play so why don't you give this sketch a try.

6 comments:

  1. I like them both. You're really good at these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun spooky card...love that little bat as well as those cool papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both the cards are very neat but I am partial to the first one. Autumn colours are just so soothing and earthy. The focal image is dreamy and charming.

    Happy crafting,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Fabulous fall" is the right sentiment for your fabulous fall card, that's for sure! It's fabulous! I love everything about it. That paper, sigh... so beautiful. Card #2 is awesome in a totally different way. I love Halloween cards -- the stamps, colors, paper -- all so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love that first one.. simply because I love fall. But I like the other one a lot, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love that first one.. simply because I love fall. But I like the other one a lot, too.

    ReplyDelete