WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Sep 4, 2020

Color Throw Down and HHSSSC347

 

Hello & Welcome.

Today I'm joining in on 2 different challenges.  The first is the Color Throwdown challenge. 

The next challenge is the Hand Stamped Sentiments Sketch Challenge. 

What a pretty color combo (Blue, Purple and Green).  I decided to use a die and stamp that I've used before.  You can find that card here:

I made that card way back in 2009 so it's been awhile since I've used the stamp and the die.

So without further ado here is the card that I made for these two challenges: I "loosely" followed the sketch.

 

Card Stock used for this card:  Not Quite Navy, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum and Whisper White.  The frog was die cut (not sure where I got the die) from an unknown piece of textured card stock.  I also used some unknown patterned background paper.

The Cattail Stamp is from DJ Inkers and the Hello sentiment is from Annabelle Stamps (which is no longer in business).

I colored the cattails with Prisma Color Pencils, Added glitter to the butterflies and the little bug which was punched from Pale Plum Card Stock.

The sentiment was stamped with Pear Pizzazz ink and mounted on to circles punched with Pale & Perfect Plum card stock.  I added purple stickles glitter glue to the frogs eyes.  The fish tail punch is from My Favorite Things stamps.
 

7 comments:

  1. Oh, gosh, I just have to say first how dang cute that frog is, and perfect with the cattails! The paper is perfect, too. I used to have a bunch of DJ Inkers stamps. I really love the look of this. You still have the skills, Ida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ida, I am in love with those papers and that cute frog. He made me smile. Wonderful take on the sketch and I love how you triple layered the sentiment. Fabulous card
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ida-hello stranger!!! Happy to see you back to making lovely crafty projects again! I had to blink twice when I saw your name and was wondering if it was my Ida teamie from days gone by!!! So happy to see you back with this fun creation! Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cattail stamp is lovely - a great card and a unique take on our sketch - it's fine they are guidelines rather than rules lol! Thanks for sharing with us at HSS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We must have similar tastes in cards...I adore that frog and have always loved cattails...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That die cut frog is cute with those cattails. Very colorful background paper. Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did with this sketch! Gorgeous card, thanks for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete