WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Sep 23, 2020

Paper Players CAS 509 - Too Cute to Spook.

 

 Hello and Welcome!

Today I am sharing a card I made for the Paper Players Clean-and-Simple Challenge.  The focus was on: Pets.

Clean and Simple is really hard for me as I like to add lots of different layers/elements to my cards.  I started out with an idea and got frustrated so I put it away and decided not to do the challenge. (Does that ever happen to you?) - Then I was going through some cards that people have sent me and found a layout that I liked so I decided to try again.

Here is my card:

I had bought some really cute designer paper from DCWV - Pets and Pumpkins and wanted to make a Halloween card using it. I mounted the patterned paper on a small strip of Basic Black and layered it to an Old Olive card base.

I stamped the cat (Amuse Studio - Too Cute to Spook) with Versamark Ink and embossed it with Black Diamond embossing powder - Judi Kins on white card stock. I created the tag using an old SU Corner rounder punch.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set and was stamped with Old Olive ink.

I tied some sparkly white/orange twine to the tag and mounted it on the card with foam tape. - Pretty easy and quick to do if you wanted to create a bunch of cards.

Mind you a lot of my stuff has probably been retired or companies have went out of business but I'm sure you could find similiar products elsewhere if you want to recreate this card idea.

7 comments:

  1. I like it a lot. That patterned paper is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Love that paper, and your tag is a perfect way to add interest to a CAS card! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Halloween card, the paper is very cool. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking time to leave a kind comment x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ida, this turned out great! Love that kitty and the fun sentiment. So glad you were reinspired and shared your card with us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right... that kitty is too cute to spook! That paper is fabulous, too. So glad you were able to join us and play along at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the cutest papers! I love all your Halloween cats and the card layout, which is simple, but with fun stuff going on. Even my newest papers are getting old now. I just have so much of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this...of course I would since it is cats.

    ReplyDelete