WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Sep 9, 2023

"Two fer" card challenge: FMS & CTD

 

Hello and Welcome!
 
Today I'm featuring 2 different cards.  One is for the Color Throwdown and the other is for Freshly Made sketches.
 
Here's where the "Two-fer" part comes in.  I used the same sketch for both cards.

 Freshly Made Sketches #602

Below is the card that I made for FMS#602

 

 

For this card I used a stamp set that I got last year, Hocus Pocus from Photo play.  You can see a couple of the cards I made here and here and here.  (You can check out the links for extra inspiration using that set if you want.)

Card Base: Basic Black, next layer, Only Orange (retired SU) that I stamped the little star image from the set with Only Orange ink.

I added a piece of plaid designer paper (DCWV - Spooky Time) and a piece of purple card stock to the left side.  Image was colored with pencils.  Added some punched bats from the set and some purple sequins to complete the card.

COLOR THROWDOWN#759

This weeks color choices were:

Here is the card I made for this challenge.  - It uses the same sketch as the card above.



This one was "tough" for me. - Card base: Cherry Cobble (for the maroon in the color scheme). Next layer, Only Orange (retired SU) that I embossed with a leaf embossing folder and then brushed metallic Gold ink on.

I stamped some of the leaves (retired SU set, Autumn Leaf Prints) and then water colored them using retired SU watercolor pencils and  water brush.  After it dried I used a different leaf stamp from the same set and Versamark ink and then embossed with Detail Gold embossing powder.  I also used the SU Itty Bitty Background set (retired SU) and some Real Red and Only Orange ink to add some splatters.  The sentiment is from, Stamp Rose.  To finish the card I added some orange baker's twine.

That's it for these two challenges.  I hope you have enjoyed your visit.

 
 

7 comments:

  1. I like the design of these. Amazing how you can do the same layout and they look so totally different. I can't even pick a favorite, I like them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are both beautiful, the second is my favorite, which means your hard work to create it worked well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, Ida, these are both fantastic! Love the starry tights but also the Fall feeling for the second card. Your use of the sketch on both worked wonders

    ReplyDelete

  4. Both are lovely, fun cards!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love BOTH uses of the sketch! The Halloween card is so fun with the witch legs and that bats! And I love the fall card using the twine. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty leaves! And I think the witches feet card is too cool!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a great and clever "Two-fer" with delightful fall color schemes. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete